This Saturday, March 30, the representatives of Mar Shemmon Bar Sabbae Assyrian-Chaldean Catholic Church youth group together with Chorbishop Benyamin Beth Yadgar, visited in the village of Gardabani the first aid station «Good Samaritan» and also the plot of land on which the Assyrian-Chaldean Religious-Cultural Center is planned to be built in the near future.
Religious-Cultural Center in Gardabani will play a great role in consolidation of the community and introduction of people to their native culture as well as it will help our people to integrate into modern society. It is planned to carry out spiritual, educational and humanitarian projects:
• holding Divine Liturgy and church traditions;
• lessons in the study of the Divine Liturgy and the Chants of the Church of the East;
• delivering the lectures on Biblical themes;
• catechism (children and youth groups).
• lessons of history of our nation;
• lessons of native language;
• lessons of Georgian language as the state language;
• lessons of English language;
• lectures of invited specialists on various topics such as social, medical, judicial and psychological issues;
• organization of theatre studio;
• creation of group to help younger school children in the assimilation of the school curriculum;
• holding sports and recreation events;
• creation of volunteer groups for humanitarian projects, and much more that will contribute to the union and development of the local community.